HELLO I'M MRS WISE STURT AND THESE ARE MY DOGS SONNY, DAISY & THORN
If we haven't met before I'm Nicola but you may have seen me on social media as Mrs Wise Sturt. This is me and my 3 beloved rescue dogs above Daisy, Sonny and Thorn. We all live with my husband in a Victorian cottage in semi-rural England and I also run my design studio from home.
Before following my 'designing from home surrounded by dogs' dream I worked in consumer PR in London for 15 years, with a sojourn in Event Management in Sydney styling red carpet events for movies like Moulin Rouge, Shrek and Crocodile Dundee.
My PR clients included luxury brands like Harvey Nichols Food Hall, Pimm's and Hennessy Cognac, as well as world-famous brands Vodafone, Smart Cars and Cadbury. My last hoorah in employment was as Head of Creativity for a Top 10 Independent PR Agency so creative ideas are always a bonus extra!
I have designed presentations that were given to the King of Saudia Arabia, Coca-Cola, Sainsbury's and Blackberry. I have designed websites, business cards, flyers, menus, ebooks, magazines, beer pumps and lettering for shop windows amongst other things.
I also travelled the world for three years with Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan taking part in his International Tours, designing and maintaining the tour websites and the social media campaigns as well as finding dogs to take part in his seminars in over 22 countries.
Glamorous? Yes. Hard work? Yes. Fun? Yes. My Dream? No.
QUICK FIRE FIVE
(Five random facts about me)
- I wear odd socks on purpose - and they actually have the days of the week written on them so I can mix them up as much as possible
- I am obsessed with French cafe music and listen to it all day long (much to Mr Sturt's amusement)
- I am a breast cancer survivor and as a major silver lining now as flat as a pancake. No more bras for me!
- My text message notification is Gene Hunt from Ashes to Ashes - "Does it say who it can be in your crystal ball Madame Fruitcake?"
- I once travelled in a private jet with a guide dog - which thankfully didn't belong to the pilot!
But now? Now I work exclusively with female entrepreneurs who are on a Mission and don't have time to waste.
I am constantly blown away by the difference in confidence levels - and the increase to the business bottom line - that an authentic brand and website gives to my global clients from the UK, America, the Middle East and Australia.